I don’t know if I’ve ever seen an Early Access game that I am absolutely dying to play without having any history with, but Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space is definitely the first. From the drive-in opening credits through the end of the trailer, I was absolutely hooked and drooling at this incredible looking game.
There aren’t a whole lot of details about what Albedo actually is and what you’ll be doing throughout, but I saw puzzle solving, some FPS combat and more tentacley eye monsters than you could shake a boomstick at. If the trailer is any indication of the final quality of the game (which is entirely possible either way) this appears to be one of few games to get ’50s cheasy sci-fi horror right.
This doesn’t just appear to be a send up of one of my favorite genres, it’s someone making an honest attempt to make a game with the same charm and elements of those old movies. If you at all are interested in this vague description, go to the Steam page and look more into Albedo and keep an eye on Geekenstein for more coverage when it launches on Early Access September 26.
Thanks to Destructoid for putting this on my radar.
Latest posts by David Rhinehart (see all)
- In The Lab: Minimum – final release - September 22, 2014
- Lonely Gods episode 62 – The Monster of Peladon - September 21, 2014
- Midnights In The Lab: Five Nights at Freddy’s - September 21, 2014
- Lonely Gods Episode 61 – Death to the Daleks - September 20, 2014
- In The Lab: World of Diving - September 19, 2014