Greetings, fellow Magic enthusiasts! Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 has been out for a while, and we here at Geekenstein want to play with YOU!
When: The games begin on Sunday, December 8th
Where: We’ll be playing on Steam
- Each player will choose and play ONE deck throughout the tournament.
- Players may not change decks during the tournament for any reason.
- All decks, including DLC decks, are allowed.
- All cards are allowed, including cards that come from promotional unlock codes
- The first player to achieve three (3) wins at each round will advance
- Players may sideboard any number of cards in between each game in a round.
- Deck sizes over 70 cards are not allowed for any reason. If an opponent submits a screenshot showing you played with a deck over 70 cards, you will be disqualified.
- Malicious behavior, cheating, or other unsportsmanlike behavior will results in disqualification
All participants must complete the first round of play by Friday, December 13th. Report the match results in the Challonge tournament brackets with the number of games you won and the number your opponent won. Additionally, we ask that you report the results in the comments on this article in the following format:
Your Steam Name
Deck You Played
How Many Games You Won
Opponent’s Steam Name
Deck They Played
# of Games They Won
After advancing to the next round, you will have a week from the day that your most recent opponent was paired with you to play the match and to post results. If a player does not get in touch with their opponent by this point, they will be disqualified. If neither player gets in touch with their opponents, they will both be disqualified.
The champion will receive foil conversions and/or full deck unlocks for two decks of their choice, and the second place winner will receive one.
Good luck to all participants, and may the heart of the cards guide you to victory.
Latest posts by Jake Petersen (see all)
- The Walking Dead Season Two: A House Divided Review - March 8, 2014
- TwitchPlaysPokémon Debate: Anarchy vs. Democracy - February 25, 2014
- Geekenstein’s Definitive Commander Drinking Game - January 28, 2014
- Jake’s Top 10 Games of 2013 - January 11, 2014
- Backyard Battles Preview and Interview with Naked Sky - December 6, 2013