I don’t know about you, but I love what Ubisoft did for the Far Cry universe in the two and a half most recent entries in the series. Far Cry 4 is a prime example of the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” algorithm that Far Cry 3 built near flawlessly.
Thanks to a recent poll sent to a selection of Far Cry 4 players by Ubisoft, we get an inside look at where they are considering to take the series in the future. Below you will find a full list of potential new locations.
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
- A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
- A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry
I am okay with all of these, especially the Jurassic Park and Mad Max versions. However, most interesting of all is the mention of Blood Dragon 2. Back in November 2014, Ubisoft Montreal announced that they had no desire to make Blood Dragon 2, but left room open for another unique spinoff.
Could all of these locations be potential standalone DLC like Blood Dragon? Their settings could certainly work as contained adventures on an existing engine, so I wouldn’t rule that out. While I would prefer a full Far Cry game in a post-apocalyptic or dinosaur-infested world, I’ll take what I can get. More Far Cry is always a good thing.