In mere hours, BioShock Infinite will be released for the general public. The amount of positive reviews coming in for the game is nothing short of amazing. Something else that is amazing on a completly different level is BioShock Infinite’s 1999 Mode.
1999 Mode is an unlockable game mode that is essentially a throwback to old-school first-person shooters – with the old-school difficulty that some madmen crave. 1999 Mode can be unlocked simply by waiting until you beat the campaign, but if you want to turn it on for your first playthrough, there’s a way to make that a possibility.
On the main menu, hit the following combination:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, (Cancel), (Confirm)
That’s right! The Konami code strikes again. What better way to offer a throwback mode than to unlock it via a throwback code?
Latest posts by Dustin Triplett (see all)
- Nuts and Bolts Episode 43 – Best and Worst Game Characters - July 21, 2014
- 5 of the Most Iconic Fathers in Video Games - June 14, 2014
- Watch Dogs Review - June 6, 2014
- Why the “Look Up” Viral Video is Nothing Short of Hypocritical - May 4, 2014
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood Review - May 3, 2014